Please enter your email and zip code below to sign up!
Our programs are always in session.
McKinnell House helps homeless families in Anchorage thrive.Learn more
"Without The Salvation Army I would not have a place to live. I had lived in a hotel for four years. Now, I have an apartment, nice furniture, and my children and I can see a positive future."
Emergency shelter for homeless families:
- 24 hr lodging & staff support
- Individualized case management
- Educational support in partnership with Anchorage School District
- Nutritious meals & snacks
- Life skills development
- Case management services continue six months after moving on to independent living
We provide many different forms of emergency assistance, depending on availability these may include:
- Spiritual counseling
- Food boxes
- Clothing vouchers
- Utility assistance
- Rental assistance
- Photo ID
- Physical proof of address
- Social Security number and birth date for everyone in the household